Our Current Program
Governor George & Donna Nigh ~ Oklahoma Treasures
Our guests are Former Governor George Nigh and his gracious First Lady, Donna. Governor George Nigh was just a young state representative in 1953 when he introduced legislation to adopt it as our state song. LISTEN NOW
The Nighs have close ties to a lot of great things that we enjoy in the Sooner State. LISTEN NOW to relive some great memories with the Nighs and find out what they're looking forward to in the future.
Governor Nigh's favorite quote is from President Theodore Roosevelt. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” George and Donna Nigh live that wisdom every day...and what a gift they are to Oklahoma!
Support for this program is provided by the Chickasaw Country, providing information about events and attractions throughout the Chickasaw Nation and South Central Oklahoma. Information at ChickasawCountry.com
Other recent guests include
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News