Our Current Program
Art in the Summertime
There’s a new ambassador in downtown Oklahoma City. You can find him at the old Fred Jones Ford assembly plant at 900 West Main and soon he’ll be joined by a whole flock of ambassadors. He’s a purple penguin - a limited edition sculpture and part of the decor at the new 21c museum hotel. Never heard of a museum hotel? Well, there are only five others in the country and this one will boast thousands of square feet of space showcasing art to the public 24/7, besides 135 stunning hotel rooms.
The hotel and the art at 21c is the focus of our first conversation and from the corporate offices in Louisville, Alice Gray Stites, Chief Curator & Museum Director for 21C hotels, and Chief Brand Officer, Molly Swyers are our guests. LISTEN NOW
It’s also no secret that the Oklahoma City Museum of Art has become one of the most respected regional art museums in the country! And starting later this month, there’s even greater proof of that! Visitors from all over the world will be here to see “Matisse in His Time,” an exhibition of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. The museum is the only venue in North America hosting this exhibition, and that’s why I am so excited to have President and CEO, Mike Whittington here to fill us in on the exhibit. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by RSM of Oklahoma City, offering financial consulting insights to businesses: including IT, Risk Management, and business valuation services. RSM: new name, same commitment to clients. More at RSMUS.com/oklahomacity.
Like Us on Facebook and let us know how we're doing!
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News