Our Current Program
OSU: A Wealth of Wellness
It's a brand new year and it's time to get back in the groove...the health groove that is! Most of us, are all about wellness...at least for awhile after the first of the year.
But there's a university campus in our state that may be just the inspiration we, and our nation needs to make wellness a permanent commitment.
When Ann Hargis became Oklahoma State University's First Lady seven years ago, she and her husband, President Burns Hargis, built on an already strong wellness program. LISTEN NOW
But today, OSU has earned the trademark of America's Healthiest Campus, along with the Nation's first fully dedicated Chief Wellness Officer in charge.
OSU First Lady Ann Hargis and OSU Chief Wellness Officer, Dr. Suzy Harrington are our guests today on The Living Room. Not only will we talk about what makes OSU America's Healthiest Campus, we'll also learn about OSU's pet therapy program Pete's Pet Posse. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds provided by Tom Johnson Investment Management, building stock and bond portfolios to address the investment objectives of individual and institutional clients since 1983. Information at TJIM.com.
Other recent guests include
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News