Our Current Program
Oklahoma Music Showcase
Oklahoma can lay claim to many music stars. One of those stars just happens to be Mason Williams, 1956 Northwest Classen graduate, who has 24 albums, 250 songs, hundreds of poems, 21 books and 174 hours of broadcast television to his name.
Williams, who is our guest this month in The Living Room, is the composer of Classical Gas. It's considered to be the most famous instrumental guitar piece in the world and the most played instrumental in the history of radio. Mason Williams is a two time Grammy award winner and has also taken home Emmys as the writer for the Smothers Brothers TV show. LISTEN NOW
Mason makes his home in Eugene, Oregon but he’s back in Oklahoma for a couple of appearances and well-deserved honors. We'll discuss the highs and lows of his phenomenal career from Classical Gas to Saturday Night Live and a whole lot in between. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by the McSwain Theatre in downtown Ada, Oklahoma, offering family entertainment and classic movies since 1920. Program and ticket information at mcswaintheatre.com.
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News