Our Current Program
Oklahoma Author Showcase
Oklahoma never has a shortage of talented authors and our guests this month are proof of that!
Our first guest has been a paper boy, a soap salesman, a Sears Santa Claus, a forklift operator, Oklahoma’s Attorney General, a candidate for governor, a TV commentator and now an author. Maybe you’ve already guessed that I’m talking about Mike Turpen, and maybe you’ve even heard about his new book. It’s called Turpen Time. Former President Bill Clinton says it’s “ very good read” and I’m here to tell you it’s that and a whole lot more! Mike and his exuberant self is with us for this edition of The Living Room, so batten down the hatches!! LISTEN NOW
Our second guest, Kristi Eaton, is an AP journalist and a young and adventurous Oklahoma native. When she decided to give some of our Main Streets a voice, the result became an intriguing book, the Main Streets of Oklahoma: Okie Stories from Every County. LISTEN NOW
Since books may just be the best gifts at Christmas or anytime, - we’ll leave you with a thought from author and radio personality Garrison Keillor who says “a book is a gift you can open again and again.” Happy reading, and Happy Holidays, everyone.
Support for this program is provided by the Chickasaw Nation and Governor Bill Anoatubby, who are pleased to support “The Living Room with Gerry Bonds” and local programming on KOSU.
Other recent guests include
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News