Our Current Program
It's Time for New Year's Resolutions
Happy New Year!
On a recent flight, I was reading the airline magazine and one of the articles really grabbed my attention. It was all about saying ‘Yes’ to new things in our lives for the new year.
The list of suggestions was pretty long, but a couple of ideas really jumped out at me, like deciding to help change the life of a needy child in 2017 or improving our precious planet earth in some way?
Did you know that there are close to 11,000 foster children in the state of Oklahoma and a third of them live in central Oklahoma? I was shocked when I heard that statistic, so I invited Lynne Roller, Executive Director of Citizens Caring for Children and Lee Ann Limber of Court Appointed Special Advocates of Oklahoma (CASA) to be our first guests in The Living Room. LISTEN NOW
Did you ever pass by an empty lot along a city street and wish someone would make it go away or at least transform it into a green space?
Elia Woods, co-founder of Commonwealth Urban Farms in Oklahoma City and Jody Lesch, her most passionate volunteer, are here in the second part of our show to let you know that even if you don't have an ounce of gardening talent in your bones you can still help make our city green. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by the Artesian Hotel. Nestled in the heart of Sulphur, Oklahoma, the Artesian Hotel and Spa offers old-fashioned elegance with modern hospitality. Find out more at artesianhotel.com
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News