Our Current Program
Policing Oklahoma City
2015 was a year of great challenge for police officers all across the country, with racial tensions, use of deadly force, and acts of domestic terrorism.
That's why we're focusing on the Oklahoma City Police Department in The Living Room this month - our state's largest (and oldest) law enforcement agency with close to 1200 sworn officers. How have they dealt with recent challenges and how are they moving forward in this new year? LISTEN NOW
Chief Bill Citty, our honored guest in The Living Room, has led the department for almost 13 years now, making him the longest serving chief in the department's history. He believes that the upcoming challenges are tough but good.
What are the challenges for women in the Oklahoma City Police Department? Sgt. Ashley Peters is also our guest to discuss the role of women in the department. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by the Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur, Oklahoma. A destination devoted to sharing and celebrating Chickasaw history and culture. For more information at chickasawculturalcenter.com
Like Us on Facebook and let us know how we're doing!
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News