Our Current Program
New Faces and a New Legislative Session
The 56th State Legislative Session begins this month and that means a lot of newly elected faces and tackling some monumental issues.
There are 32 newly elected legislators in the 101 member Oklahoma House of Representatives and we're meeting two of them today in The Living Room. Democrat Collin Walke, is the first Democrat to win District 87 in three decades and Republican Tammy West, District 84 Representative, is one of only 13 women in the Oklahoma House this session. LISTEN NOW
A veteran state legislator also drops by The Living Room to discuss the upcoming session with our two newly elected representatives. Randy McDaniel (R) was first elected to represent District 83 in 2006 and was recently honored as the Nation's Legislator of the Year by the American Legislative Exchange Council. Randy also wears a couple of different hats on the floor of the House: Assistant Majority Whip and Chair of the Banking, Financial Services and Pensions Committee. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is brought to you by Bedre Fine Chocolate, bringing gourmet chocolate products to retailers across the nation, and to the public at their factory located in Davis, Oklahoma. Information about factory tours and products at bedrechocolates.com.
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News