Our Current Program
Since his selection as leader of the Catholic church, Pope Francis has fascinated the world with his down-to-earth style as he carves out his particular trademark of simplicity and humility. Millions of Catholics are re-energized about their faith – but can the Church – or organized religion – remain relevant? Or is it already dysfunctional? How can people who are searching for meaning in their lives find their way through an often muddled concept of God? And is there any way we can “agree to disagree” on some of the points of faith that have driven a wedge between people everywhere for far too long?
On our program for May, three
extraordinary, knowledgeable guests who represent the Judeo-Christian
tradition, offer their perspectives. LISTEN NOW
Dr. Robin Meyers is the Senior Minister of the Mayflower Congregational United Church of Christ and an award-winning commentator for National Public Radio; Father Tim Luschen is the pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Oklahoma City and an active community organizer for families; and Rabbi Vered Harris is the spiritual leader of the Temple B’nai Israel in Oklahoma City.
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by the Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur, Oklahoma – a destination devoted to sharing and celebrating Chickasaw history and culture. More information at chickasawculturalcenter.com.
Other recent guests include
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, New York Times Editors' Choice and Best Book award winner and author of Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor of the Chickasaw Nation
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman of Devon Energy
- Robert Henry, President of Oklahoma City University and former Chief Justice of the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- David Houston, Curatorial Director of the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
April 2013 - Program 208 Read More