Our Current Program
Happy Fall! We’re celebrating the sixth season of The Living Room with this show and I can’t think of a better topic to discuss - Back to School. It’s always been one of my favorite times of the year.
This year, however, the excitement of a brand new school year fades with the reality that the state's largest school district, the Oklahoma City Public School District - with 45,000 students is facing faces $30 million in budget cuts.
During this show we’ll meet with two women who are facing many obstacles but are consumed with turning them into opportunities. Aurora Lora has recently been named the Oklahoma City Public Schools (OKCPS) Superintendent. She is the 14th OKCPS Superintendent in the last 30 years. Lynn Barnes is the OKCPS Senior Executive Director for Academics for PreK-12th grade. LISTEN NOW to hear how these dedicated educators plan to make the 2016-2017 school year and beyond a great success for Oklahoma City students.
Support for The Living Room is provided by Tom Johnson Investment Management, building stock and bond portfolios to address the investment objectives of individual and institutional clients since 1983. Information at tjim.com
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News