Our Current Program
RE MERGE with a Second Chance
In January, Gerry Bonds attended a graduation that truly inspired her and believed that this story had to be told in The Living Room.
Gerry watched 11 women graduate from Re Merge of Oklahoma County, women who, when selected for Re Merge, faced prison time and were either mothers of minor children or pregnant.
Their success is the good news – the bad news is that more women are imprisoned in Oklahoma than in any other state in the nation. The top two reasons? Substance abuse and mental health issues.
Listen as Terri Woodland Executive Director of Re Merge, Brooke Bradley, a Re Merge graduate and retired Judge Jerry Bass, discuss how Re Merge works and sometimes doesn’t. LISTEN NOW
Support for The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is provided by the Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur, Oklahoma, a destination devoted to sharing and celebrating Chickasaw history and culture. More information at chickasawculturalcenter.com.
March 14, 2016
We just learned that we have received a 2016 award from the Oklahoma Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists for our program on the Syrian Refugee Crisis, which aired in November of 2015!
Our esteemed guests were Dr. Don Betz, President of the University of Central Oklahoma and Dr. Imad Enchassi, Assistant Professor and Chair of Islamic Studies at Oklahoma City University and Senior Imam of the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City.
LISTEN NOW to this award winning program.
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News