Our Current Program
What Oklahoma Institution has couriers who are on the road day and night carrying the gift of life to those that need it? The Oklahoma Blood Institute is the 9th largest organization of its kind in America with over 700 employees and 1000 volunteers that collect, test and deliver every drop of precious blood to patients in a total of 161 hospitals and ambulance services.
Dr. John Armitage, CEO of the Oklahoma Blood Institute is our guest in The Living Room to discuss OBI's story. LISTEN NOW.
Blood is our lifeline. Let's say you're in a serious accident or are critically ill and an air ambulance is called to transport you and you need blood en route. Will the blood be available to you? Maybe. Two of our guests are hoping to change that answer to "Yes." Patti Barker, is OBI's Hospital Relations Director and Patrick Barkley is Program Manager for the Med Trans Corporation Air Ambulance Service in Northeastern Oklahoma. LISTEN NOW.
The Living Room with Gerry Bonds is brought to you by Adventure Road. From the Red River Border to the Heart of Oklahoma City, the Great American Road Trip has been reborn. Information at adventureroad.com
Other recent guests include
- Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett
- Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett Jr.
- Governor George and Donna Nigh, Former Oklahoma Governor and First Lady
- Linda Cavanaugh, KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City
- Bill Moyers, journalist and PBS host
- Kate Buford, author, Native American Son: The Life and Sporting Legend of Jim Thorpe
- Bill Anoatubby, Governor, Chickasaw Nation
- Rabbi Vered Harris, Temple B'nai Israel, Oklahoma City
- Larry Nichols, Executive Chairman, Devon Energy
- Gary England, Vice President, Griffin Communications
- Bob Dotson, NBC News